SMTP mail problem. admin@ emails OK, rest error 550!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
Using Mercury email server; I am trying to send emails other than admin@address. Currently admin works great, but when I try to send trifid@ I will get this message:

The attached message has failed delivery and has been referred
to you as postmaster. The following error report or reports
were given to explain the problem:

*** To@
550-Verification failed for <me@address>

I am sending through my ISP's authenticated SMTP server that does not require login (authenticates by IP address.)

I can receive mail fine at both admin@ and trifid@, just sending will not allow.

Thanks, Trif.

If you are sending thru you ISP why are you trying to use a seperate domain? Most ISP have their own email domain and SMTP info. Using a seperate domain means you have to setup that domain's smtp.

What i mean is this. I have my email thru my ISP. me@adelphia.net at the same time i have my domains email. me@techmodo.net . While both are used for email i can not use the SMTP setting of my adelphia email to send mail thru my techmodo account. I had to setup my techmodo smtp in order to send mail that way.

The only way this would work is if you have a email server which uses your ISP's exact same SMTP info. Such as pop.gmail.com or smtp.gmail.com for GMail accounts. Other than that i dont see how it would work. Plus you also have to make sure that your Domain is setup thru your CPanel to send and recieve this way.

Unless i dont get it at all what you are trying to do and i am off in left field here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom