Sms Performance With Low Bandwith

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonsec

Beta member
Hi,
We want to use SMS 2003 in our center IT Departmant and we have some IT departmant different location and we connect each other with low bandwith SDSL. (256 kbps) We want to install main server in your central IT departmant and we want to use SMS 2003 distrubution point for other locations bu we have some anxiety about SMS low bandwith performance. is Low bandwith could be problems for this situations? If you share your opinion for tihs situation I will be happy.

Thanks,

256 kbps is low but it's managable. You need to keep in mind the size of the push that you are using, when dealing with low bandwidth situations. Also, SMS2003 uses the BITS technology that will enable data streaming so that it can work better in a slower area.

hope that helps.

Firstly thank you for your help, Do you have more exprience about SMS in WAN ? If you have different opinion and If you share me. I will be happy.

Thank you

Explain your layout a bit better if you can.
THis is what I'm seeing...
Site 1:
computers on 10/100 lan

site 2:
Computers on 10/100 lan

site 3
computers on 10/100 lan

Site 1, 2, and 3 are connected through a wan link at 256kp. You have Primary server at site 1 with distrubuition servers at site 2 and 3. You want to know what the impact is for the distrubution servers when obtaining their packages from site 1 to push out at their site.

Let me know if I'm close...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom