SMS 2003 Gurus. - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 08:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master Techie

remind me to look in a few days. It's taking a lot of work to even look at out SMS server right now. The database is getting hammerd by 2 other programs, and so it's very time consuming. I can't recall off hand the way we did it, so I have to look at it.

Old 10-19-2005, 08:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master Techie

just as a thought, do you have an schedule intervel configured for those tasks already?

Old 10-24-2005, 12:12 AM   #23 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Win2kpatcher

Inaris with some poking around I was able to get the Advanced Client install to enter the 3-digit site code. This is how I did it. Expand the site hierarchy>site>site settings>highlight client installation methods>right-click and select properties on client push installation>go to advanced client tab>then where it says "smssitecode=auto" enter "smssitecode=yoursitecode" and bam! clients install with the site name
Old 10-24-2005, 12:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master Techie

Cool. I'm still going to use my method as it works better for us. not sure why, but the SMS install methods although better in this version are still only sub par. I can't find anything on the remote execution of the jobs, aside from time scheduling. Guess I need to crack open the book and see what I can find...
Old 11-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
Master Techie

well, I finally found some information on the automation stuff you were asking about. We don't use it, but I think I might have to look into it a bit. This is what you want to look at. It' requires some coding work, but it's doable. I'm looking into it now...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...30_UIEvent.asp

Closed Thread