Smart Link modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwokwai

In Runtime
I am using WinXP SP2 (Home Edition), Mozilla 1.7.13. in my Notebook.
Recently, when I tried to download a file, a program called "Smart Link 56K Modem" appeared in the Taskbar.

I have searched for this progarm with the help of "Search", but was not able to locate the directory of this program.

Anyway, I am wondering what software or any methods can let me know the directory of this progarm locates.
Just like "Paint" can be found by this way: Progarm>Accessories>Paint.

I just can't see "Smart Link 56K Modem" in the porgram folder, but it will open whenever I start to download a file.

Here are the print screens:

http://www.geocities.com/space4cidp/smartlink1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/space4cidp/smartlink2.jpg

__Camouflage__ said:
Search for the following file and see if it's on your computer. File - slserv.exe

This file is located in "C:\WINDOWS\system32", but I can't open it.

The slserv.exe process may be needed for your modem to work correctly. If possible you should leave this process running, unless it causes instability for your system. Slserv.exe is flagged as a system process and does not appear to be a security risk. However, removing Smartlink Service may adversly impact your system. The Spy Bot database currently registers slserv.exe to Smartlink. This is part of Smartlink Modem Drivers.

Here's another process that pertains to Slserv.exe, The slrundll.exe process is used by your computer when communicating with your Smartlink modem. If you do not have a Smartlink modem installed in your computer, or no longer use this modem, stop the slrundll.exe process. Slrundll.exe is an application that does NOT appear to be a security risk. The Spy Bot database currently registers slrundll.exe to Smartlink. This is part of Smartlink Modem Drivers.

__Camouflage__ said:
Here's another process that pertains to Slserv.exe, The slrundll.exe process is used by your computer when communicating with your Smartlink modem. If you do not have a Smartlink modem installed in your computer, or no longer use this modem, stop the slrundll.exe process. Slrundll.exe is an application that does NOT appear to be a security risk. The Spy Bot database currently registers slrundll.exe to Smartlink. This is part of Smartlink Modem Drivers.

Oh, my goodness!
Yes, I am using spybot, but I am sure I didn't tell you before.

How did you know that? Just a guess, right?

Run MSCONFIG, and uncheck any entry about Smart Link.

Sounds like it is just a tray icon.

kwokwai said:
Oh, my goodness!
Yes, I am using spybot, but I am sure I didn't tell you before.

How did you know that? Just a guess, right?

No! See, GOOGLE.COM works for everything, you should try it sometime. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom