Slow XP accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputerNovice

Baseband Member
I have Windows XP Professional 2002 Service Pack 2. Of course my account is the only administrative account, and the rest of my family are just normal users with their own accounts and logins.

This is my problem: Whenever I log in to my account, I experience excellent performance, but whenever the other users log into their own accounts, the computer runs slow. This has been happening ever since I can remember, and just today, my wife's browser was even running slow over the Internet (DSL connection). Strange, because I have no problems with my login at all.

I've checked the number of processes running in the background, and while I don't know exactly what everything does, it seems that we have about the same number of processes on our accounts. (About 34 processes)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be?

most likely spyware and stuff like that. your best bet is to create new profiles for them and move there docs folders over and see if the problem still happens. if its not happening on yours and it is on theres it is most likely a profile issue so recreating it could reslove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom