raverx3m

Daemon Poster
I run speedtest on my phone
5g 30mbps
2.4g 24mbps

desktop
2.4g 10mbps

fresh install windows 10
brand new asus PCE-N53 wireless card( I belive its a dual band as well)

brand new c3700-100nas modem router

Comcast cable 75mbps service
the cables have been checked by Comcast 3 times already so they are good
I'm guessing something to do with windows 10 that I'm getting such slow speeds?

Updated your drivers? Is the card within range of the router? Does the antenna for the card have clear access / not obstructed by objects?

It updates with windows update. after that windows 10 wifi fiasco I just let it update

but the cellphone was right next to desktop so there shouldn't be any obstruction
if anything pc should get better signal than cellphone

does it affect speed if I enable metered connection btw?

It updates with windows update. after that windows 10 wifi fiasco I just let it update
Then I'd say try a different driver version if possible and see if the speeds vary between the drivers.

but the cellphone was right next to desktop so there shouldn't be any obstruction
if anything pc should get better signal than cellphone
Depends on how the antenna on the desktop is situated.

does it affect speed if I enable metered connection btw?

Shouldn't.

I'm on the 60d/15u tier and using w7 pro, and get pretty close to advertised speeds. I'm thinking the P2P updating is chewing in to your bandwidth. Your phone doesn't do that is it goes a little faster.
Shut off anything and everything that phones in to the mother ship and see if your speeds pick up.

I'm on the 60d/15u tier and using w7 pro, and get pretty close to advertised speeds. I'm thinking the P2P updating is chewing in to your bandwidth. Your phone doesn't do that is it goes a little faster.
Shut off anything and everything that phones in to the mother ship and see if your speeds pick up.

If it was P2P then he would see the drop in speed on all devices, as it would be chewing up bandwidth for the entire network. You can see how much network activity is happening through Task Manager on WIn10 as well.

I still say it's a driver issue.

Back
Top Bottom