Slow Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also running two antivirus programs at once can cause conflicts. Does your computer take a long time to POST or just loading the OS? Has it always booted up slowly or is this a recent development?

take a long time to "post?" i am sorry i dont know what you mean by post!

but it sure does take a long time to load the O.S.

JUST NOW DURING STARTUP i got this message:

on clicking on what the error report contains i saw this:

ol217zb.jpg

there are many posts there. what exactly should i be looking for?

there is the event given, code etc. these are the headings with the events list below. what exactly must i post?

Eric b Norton isnt a Hog and it isnt slowing my system down not unless you have a powerful system like i do and i have Norton Antivirus 2006.. To speed up Your system follow my Steps:

1) Start > Run > Msconfig > Startup > stop any services you dont need

2) Defragment Hard Drive

3) Clean out Prefetch folder ( Start > Run type Prefetch and hold Ctrl + A then delete and then Reboot )

4) Run Disk Cleanup Utility

5) Tone Down those Graphics to 16Bit instead of 32Bit ( Right Click on Desktop , Select Properpties > Settings , Click Apply.

6) XP Only on this ( Stop welcome screen it can get a Better Start, MY COMPUTER > CONTROL PANEL > USER ACCOUNTS it then says Pick a Task click Change the way users Log On or Off , Untick Use the Welcome Screen )

7) Scan for Viruses , Adware , Spyware etc

Your system Should be speeding up Step 6 Dont apply to Windows 98 Steps 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 they do ! good luck

vicky116 said:
there are many posts there. what exactly should i be looking for?

there is the event given, code etc. these are the headings with the events list below. what exactly must i post?

look for errors at the time you receive your error

NvidiaDude said:
Eric b Norton isnt a Hog and it isnt slowing my system down not unless you have a powerful system like i do and i have Norton Antivirus 2006.. To speed up Your system follow my Steps:

1) Start > Run > Msconfig > Startup > stop any services you dont need

2) Defragment Hard Drive

3) Clean out Prefetch folder ( Start > Run type Prefetch and hold Ctrl + A then delete and then Reboot )

4) Run Disk Cleanup Utility

5) Tone Down those Graphics to 16Bit instead of 32Bit ( Right Click on Desktop , Select Properpties > Settings , Click Apply.

6) XP Only on this ( Stop welcome screen it can get a Better Start, MY COMPUTER > CONTROL PANEL > USER ACCOUNTS it then says Pick a Task click Change the way users Log On or Off , Untick Use the Welcome Screen )

7) Scan for Viruses , Adware , Spyware etc

Your system Should be speeding up Step 6 Dont apply to Windows 98 Steps 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 they do ! good luck

Everybody that have never tried anything else will say what you just said. But Norton is junk. they owned the US market though. most american doesn't realize that there are cheaper, better alternative out there.

1.on a 256 mb or less system, norton takes it all up.
2. norton only update once a week. then it require a reboot. you can catch a new virus and you won't know until next tuesday.
3.norton doesn't always delete a virus. I had norton for years. I can remember 5-6 times that norton told me that I had a virus and then they left it there.
4.norton doesn't detect all viruses.
5.how many time did you open MS word and then you had to wait for norton to finish scanning it, before it open and you haven't done anything to require it to be scanned yet.
6. norton doesn't scan your email client unless it is outlook (or express)

go get you a copy of NOD32, Avast, AVG or Kaspersky and then give me your opinion of norton. people who are use to norton don't notice that it sucks, because they don't have nothing to compare it to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom