slow start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

nburger

Solid State Member
I have Gateway GT5432. It now has Windows 7 on it and has been working great for about 3 months. Today it started slow starts. When I hit the power button, no fans or power supply sound like they are starting up. It gets to the Gateway load screen and sits there for about 8 min or so. After that windows load and everyhting works great. Also, and I don't know if this really matters, the keyboard lights aren't coming on until windows is fully loaded. I have never had this issue and have had the computer for about 2 years. Would love some help
Thank you-Nadine

Do you have the system cooled by a external source? Have you checked temps? Have you removed all the startup entries?

I don't have it cooled by and external source. I have no idea how to check temps, and what are startup entries. I'm sorry about my small knowledge of computers ;-)

Nadine

Well you might have a heat issue since it is a laptop. To check startup entries:

Start>run>msconfig

Remove all entries under startup aside from the Anti-Virus. To check temps use software like RealTemp or CoreTemp.

Its not a loptop, its a desktop. I guess I still dont understand what you mean buy removing all entries. Once the Windows program starts loading, everything is great. The only screen I have for about 8-10 min is a black screen that says Gateway and gives me a F2 (bios) and F10 (startup). When I go into startup, I have never seen a screen like that before. Its asks where I want to boot from. Maybee that info will help a little more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom