Slow PC - Help, it's driving me mad!!! - Page 6 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 11:04 AM   #51 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

here is the batch file. click on the free version to get it

http://rapidshare.de/files/26844520/...opyXP.bat.html

make sure the show hidden files and folder option is unchecked in folder options

Old 07-24-2006, 12:44 PM   #52 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: Slow PC

Quote:
Originally posted by Jenonnet
...Here is the Hijackthis log, hope you can make sense of it & let me know if there is anything to do:...
Sorry, I'm afraid this is not my department, not yet anyway cos I'm yet to learn up how to decipher HijackThis log (but I'm sure I'll though, in the not-too-distant future after I've read up on it ).

BTW, you are supposed to post your HijackThis log under the Sub-Forum in Virus-Spyware Protection/Detection if you want better response cos someone there (most likely Warez Monster [Right, Warez? );]) will check it out for you.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #53 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by EricB
here is the batch file. click on the free version to get it

http://rapidshare.de/files/26844520/...opyXP.bat.html

make sure the show hidden files and folder option is unchecked in folder options

Eric, I don't think Jenonet is able to follow what you've explained since he/she said he/she didn't understand what is a pagefile. (No offense to you, Jenonnet ) If you can bring yourself down to his/her level your explanations will be more benefitial. You agree?
Old 07-24-2006, 06:31 PM   #54 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

pagefile is your virtual memory (the part windows uses when your regular memory runs out)

it work best in it's own partition at the beginning of the hdd. however windows won't let you do that on the 1st hdd. so you should do it on the second hdd

you can change it here

Old 07-25-2006, 01:22 PM   #55 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Thumbs up Slow PC

Thanks for that. I knew the PC had virtual memory but didn't know it was called pagefile. Now I understand a bit more. These problems are a pain but it's great being able to learn new things.
I really do appreciate all you help. We are going away for a few days so I think I'll leave the full install until we get back. Thanks again. Jenny

Closed Thread