Slow Computer Runing

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopstix719

Beta member
Hi im a pretty stupid kid and i need some help ;)
Im running a Dell Dimension XPS T550 and am having some troubble.

First off my CD- Drive is pretty gay, it barley reads disks, especially CD-Rs, when I click on the drive after inserting the CD it just freezes up.

In addition my computer is slow as hell (if hell were slow). I have decent RAM and about 21 gigs of free space, so im a bit POd, and confuzzled.

Finally, when i run IE or Kazaa (dont comment o), i get dozens of script errors and popups, even though i've run ad-aware and just about every other registry and data cleaner out there.

Please Help!:mad: :angry: :angry:

It could be any number of things that's wrong.

First things first, when did your computer run fine? Was it before any major installations?

Second, disable any try icons (the area next to the clock in the lower right corner) from starting up.

Third, push ctrl alt delete and post how many processes are running, what the PF usage is, and cpu usage is.

What is your version of windows, is it SP1 at all, (go to start, right click my computer and go to properties to find out exactly)? Have you used windows update to update windows? Have you defragged, scan disk?

I can go on and on, but what version of windows you have and how many processes are running is the most important things we all need to know.

EDIT If you're not using kazaalite, then get rid of kazaa and go find kazaalite it's much better and doesn't have spyware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom