slow computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gav223

Banned
Hi can anyone give me some information on the following problem?

I have recently re-installed a new OS Windows 98, initially i had broblems installing drivers as you will know from my previous postings but i have since rectified that problem, however, i have now got a new problem. I have purchased K Lite Gold a couple of days ago and paid $60, the reason that i chose to go with this particular company was because of the amount of software that came with it and also i was assured that i would not have any problems with my compluter when downloading music. I've emailed the company twice but all i get in reply is some sort of automatuic response telling me how to install the software, i am assuming from this that no-body is actually reading my email - so i am not getting any support, the software installed is called limewire and for a couple of days i have had no problem using it.

What is now happening is that when i turn the computer on i can either not connect to the internet or it takes a very long time to connect, i have also downloaded a few any virus protection software which includes Spybot, Adaware, AGV and Spyblaster.

I have run these problems a few time but they seem to have no effect on the problem, please could someone help.

Thanks

Gavin

Gavin,
Please follow the link in my sig to the antivirus page and run an online scan. Also make surethat you run the updates before you run the scans so that you have the latest definitions.

Thanks adz. I've just run that virus scan but it didn't pick up anything. I've uninstalled limewire and it started to work properly straight away. Do you know of anything that I can do to stop this happening, i've paid $60 for it and i'm going to reinstall it again. What I don't want is to have to keep uninstalling it every few days.
Cheers.

It wasn't just limewire that I was given, there were other things in the package. I was talking to someone else about it and they told me that because iv'e downloaded a lot of software my ram memory may be to full. How can I check my ram memory. Also do you think this would be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom