slipstreaming 2003 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
we made a slipstream cd for server 2003 which included sp3. we'd like to add all the updates after sp3. Windows updates shows 71 updates that need to install. Is there an easy way to download these and add to the slipstream?

You will have to write down the KB Article numbers and manually search for them and download them. That is the only way to do it.

I didnt realize they released a SP3 yet for 2K3. Last i knew there was SP2 and R2. I know nothing of a official Sp3.

Technically you could. But they are not officially supported. ;)

You will have to write down the KB Article numbers and manually search for them and download them. That is the only way to do it.

I would think that I could let automatic updates download all these updates. Where do the updates download to? softwaredistribution folder?

could be. Could also be located in the User Profiles>My downloads folder as well. It is a strange situation cause they are basically temp files. The download, install and right away delete themselves. LEaving behind only the folder in the Windows folder with the uninstaller.

Maybe try looking up those hidden folders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom