Slave hard drive sync?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifreak3

In Runtime
My setup: 1X 80GB hard drive set as master and 1X 80GB hard drive set as slave.

Is there any way to have a folder on the slave automatically update itself whenever I alter a certain folder on the master?

Specifically, whenever I add/remove a file to a certain folder on the master, I want that file to also be added to/removed from a certain folder on the slave. This doesn't have to occur at the same time that I add it to the folder on the master drive, maybe whenever I run an "update/sync wizard", or even at shutdown would be fine.

Also, I would like to do this without downloading any new softare, if possible. If software is required to do this, hopefully that software is a free download.

Any suggestions?

You can use a tool call syncback which is free.

you can change the properties of the folder on the master drive to point to the slave drive and then that will be current, is this what you mean?

Yes, that is the type of thing that I was looking for, but I couldn't get it to work. It said the synchronize process was running, but it never actually did anything.....Also, I was hoping for something that didn't run in the system tray.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom