Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said spybot has 2000 real time protections
Ad aware has more but still not on the same level as spysweeper (only if you pay)
spysweeper has 100000 spyware being real time protected.

Why pay for a sub par program when you can get so much more with spysweeper. And yes I said I didn't want it to hijack the thread but it did.

Is Skype is not cuasing the spyware and his computer is free of spyware what are the other causes for the slow down after he installed Skype?

Tyler1989 said:
Ad-Aware lacks definition files somewhat and offers no real time protection.

I was more making a comment about this . saying if you want to pay money for ad-aware pro you get more scanning options plus you also get the real time protection.

granted spysweeper is good but you just cannot rely on one application to keep you safe.

this isn't about spysweeper adawre or even spybot. and your commenbt against avg i dont even know when avg got catagorized as a spyware app.

this is about skype.

Tyler1989 said:
neversleeps never did I say spysweeper sucks

when did i say u did?

im also not trying to start something at all. it just annoys me when ppl come for advice and then receive advice(ie. running adaware and spybot) only to b told how crappy and pathetic our advice is

also am i the only one that can read a eula? they almost always blatantly tell u "we're about to install something horrible on ur pc bundled with the thing u actually do want". this combined with not using ie and not being a person who has to just click click click thru the installation cuz they dont wanna read that much will void u of most spyware from ever making it to ur pc. i only scan occasionly for adware and spyware and the only thing i ever find r wimpy tracking cookies that im not that worried about. also if u take the time to learn which processes r normal and should b running in taskmanager u can recognize a lot of malware in a second without a need for resource consuming real time protection.

I was watching Attack of The Show last night and the lead Security Developer for all Internet Security was on the show. He reccommends Adaware 6.0 Personal - and Spybot Search and Destroy.

This is coming from a LEAD SECURITY DEVELOPER.

Enough said... I made my point.

For Free people who do not wish to spend money that is. Just stop it I'm wrong your right your smart I'm not. Now don't hijack the skype topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom