simple question sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomPotts

Baseband Member
I have sp1 and my automatic update has sp2 ready for me and im wondoring if i should even install it and what benifits i will get from it.

from http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2chngs.mspx

Abstract
In Windows XP Service Pack 2, Microsoft is introducing a set of security technologies that will help to improve the ability of computers running Windows XP to withstand malicious attacks, especially those from viruses and worms. The technologies include these improvements:

• Network protection

• Memory protection

• E-mail handling

• Web browsing security

• Computer maintenance

Together, these security technologies will help to make it more difficult to attack Windows XP, even if the latest updates are not applied.

In addition, this service pack also includes updates designed to improve the performance and stability of several Windows features.

i also just deleted my old partition cause i downloaded kazaa(retarded) and made a new one and reinstalled windows xp. And i havnt installed much yet.

If possible , install offline with firewall and virus protection off. Both of my installs failed because of that. Reinstalls were successful after I turned them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom