simple question about videos using media player (or real player) CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2005, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default simple question about videos using media player (or real player) CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT!

i'm very frustrated.
i know there's a certain method you use to copy images when you're playing a video in a media player. do you know what i mean? like making a bunch of freeze frames. people keep telling me it's 'print screen' but it's not!!! that doesn't even copy the picture when the video is playing.
i remember my cousin did it before... he kept pressing some keys while a video played and each frame saved to a folder. does anyone know what i'm talking about???
i hope someone's able to help. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Old 05-07-2005, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to NewCents05

printscreen only copies the image it doesnt put it into a folder or anything. You have to open like paint and paste the image into there and save that image. alt prtsc will only copy the current window

Old 05-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

If you have power dvd you can captured it to a folder
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Old 05-07-2005, 02:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Try FRAPS. The demo never expires, and it appears to run for every video app (both games and winamp). Just map a screenshot button and folder and snap away. Make sure you turn off the frame counter, or it will show up in the images.
AGP won\'t fit in PCI-E... unless you use a really good hammer. ~Trotter
Old 05-08-2005, 09:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Field Engineer
Send a message via AIM to SHAWN

Fraps can capture snapshots of video
A+, Network + , HP Certified Tech and MCP

Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1095T, Asus M477TD, 8GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24 1T, 128GB Crucial M4 SSD, ATi HD4650, W7, 27" HL272 Monitor
Closed Thread