Sill question but wondering how...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBerger

Baseband Member
Ok so a While back I had to reformat my windows cause i thought it was freezing turned out to be a driver error but anyway. Basically what I would like to know, is how i can get programs that are installed in directories, to show up in the startmenu/programs section. For example, i know i have cod2 or q4 installed in d:/program files/games/whatever. but the only way i can get to them to start them up is to manually go through that. there isnt anything in my start-> all programs. i know i could just make a short cut but i dont like having icons all over my desktop. dunno if that was worded strangely but if anyone knows thanks.

also a similar situation where i'll click start my pictures, or my music etc. and it'll take me to c:/musc or whatnot. (the c drive is for my windows) how can i get it so the short cut takes me to the d partition where my music and pictures are actually stored. thanks.

i know some of that might be hard to understand but just let me know

For your first question:

Right click on start > Open all users... > Then go into the 'Programs' icon, and just create new folders/paste shortcuts from the directories into the folders =).

Not sure how to fix your 'My Pictures' etc topic though...maybe somebody else will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom