Shutting down problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironside

Solid State Member
Just as I've got one problem sorted out, another one rears its ugly head.

When I tried to shut down the computer, I get a box coming up telling me that "the application failed to initialise because the window station and shutting down" the heading of a box is "MSJMSTSC.EXE" I have to use the button to turn the computer off at the moment, shutting down normally won't work

what OS are you using. Also, what anti spy/virus are you on as well.

mstsc.exe is the remote desktop program.
msjmstsc.exe is nothing I have heard of before.
makes me think you have a virus or spyware.

I am using Norton. As for spy ware, I have got adaware but haven't run it, maybe I should I am using xp

can you locate msjmstsc.exe on your system? Where is it being called from? Check MSconfig and see if it's there. Also, search your registry for it and your computer's drives.
give all the links you find for it.

Run hijackthis and post log.

but this Registry Edit which Ill be showing you shortly will automatically close all programs and processes at shut down.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]

AutoEndTasks=1 Automatically closes running applications when Windows shuts down.

Well, I have just ran adaware and touch wood, it has sorted the problem out. I was able to turn the computer of perfectly okay, it is just booting up, I will try again

No, it hasn't sorted the problem. The box has a different exe file listed now. In fact, this is exactly what it says "RSMARF MON.EXE - DLL initialisation failed

Ste said:
Run hijackthis and post log.

but this Registry Edit which Ill be showing you shortly will automatically close all programs and processes at shut down.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]

AutoEndTasks=1 Automatically closes running applications when Windows shuts down.

Not quite sure what "hijack this" means can you elaborate a bit more please

Still having big problem shutting down the computer. Like I said before, every time I clicked shutdown or restart, I get the message coming up saying that the application failed to initialise because the window station the shutting down. The heading of the box is, RSMARFMON.EXE - DLL initialisation failed. I have run adaware and it doesn't seem to solve the problem. I am wondering if this problem as something to do with me using isohunt.com to download various things. It does rather seem that this problem started since I use that just recently. What is also happening is if I leave the computer on downloading something, when I come in the morning, the computer has obviously turned itself after the night and then booted up again. It says that the system has recovered from a serious fault. There is something to do with a runtime error that seems to stem from a virus program, not sure if I'm right but it could be that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom