Shutdown+Logon Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3dimindtr1cks

In Runtime
Hey I must have changed something in my settings and i would like to find out how to change it back. I am running Windows XP Professional Edition and I used to hit shutdown on the start menu and then it would bring up a box with buttons to click on like restart loggoff shutdown and switch users but now it is one box with a drop down menu...Same thing when i log on it is now a drop down menu instead of the cool blue screen with my icons on it and such...I need help please leave your feedback thank you

Go to Start>Control Panel> User Accounts. After that loads up check the settings for the way user log in and off. It might be in there somewhere. Hope that helps.

no its not in there...anyone know how to change the interface from the drop down menu to the separate buttons you click on to restart shut down log off and such

Hey man that works but my friends computer tells him that he must uninstall some Netware computer services stuff... I dont know what this is but a dialog box comes up saying you must uninstall some Netware thing that is in his control panel which is not on my control panel or anyone elses i know.

i wont be able to get you an exact screen but i can tell you the exact error message which is.... "You must uninstall Client Service for Netware"....now i found this in the network connections under the general properties tab...but can i uninstall it or uncheck it and then keep the check next to client service for microsoft networks

is he on a domain? if he is, or was, it's what is causing it. if he isn't anymore or never was, then you can turn it off. If on the other hand, he is on a domain, You will need to keep that on it.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom