Shutdown issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

wargence

Beta member
I am currently working on a Toshiba laptop running Windows XP Media Center edition. When i click on start-turn off computer the computer will freeze with the little hourglass icon and will not shut down. I ctrl alt del and there is nothing that is not responding, everything seems fine. The computer WILL shutdown properly in safe mode so i have disabled all of the main drivers (video, sound, network, wireless) and the computer still freezes when i click the button. I can however make my own shutdown icon on my desktop and it works fine, shuts down with no problems. I have ran virus scans, registry cleaners, registry repairs and nothing works. I am starting to believe that there is something possibly wrong with the button itself or something around that nature...someone please help me =)

welcome to tech forums!

and as far as your problem goes, i would suggest a reload is probably the quickest and easiest way to deal with the problem.

reload is the last thing that i want to do....its quite difficult to convince clients that everything has to be reloaded and i need them to back up their stuff....its definately an option and i know for a fact it would fix the problem...but its just impractical right now....i am trying a repair to see if that conquers anything

ah, wasn't aware you would have to go to so much extra work to reload the thing. haha. so yeah, i'm not really good with OS stuff, but i'll see if i can find something out on that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom