Shut Down Problem!!!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjlr3

Solid State Member
for get about my other post that I just made, i figured out how to edit the boot.inin to fix my problem, and change the boot screen, but now my windows won't shut down or restart. I click the bottun for it to do so, it reads my floppy drive, then just sits there and does nothing. What is wrong and how do I fix it???

I am using Windows Xp. When i click the button to shut down, my computer reads the floppy, then jsut sits there and does nothing. No shut down at all. Sometimes after I click the button it loads for like 15 seconds, then just sits there and does nothing. That is the problem. Maybe it has something to do with the boot.ini file. That is the only thing I have changed.

This is what my boot.ini file says:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /KERNEL=kernel1.exe

I have a custom boot screen loaded to that why it is a little different. Anyone know what the problem is?

Oh, cool! I'm using the same program...!

alright, I don't think that program will effect the shutdown in any way...
It must be the manually thing...
[I think]

that is the same program i am using to change my boot screens too. I'm going to try updating my roxio cd creator because they say that can help or something, im not sure. Ill update my anti virus software, but i got Zone alarm 4 pro and norton 2003 running from boot up so i dont think i have a virus. I also go to that web site and read what it has to say and see if that can fix it, ty for your help

that site didnt not help my problem, it is still not working, i have no virus or nothing. if no one knows what is wrong is there a number i can call??

hmmm....got no clue about this,..but you can always reinstall XP. but thats the last resort.

i hate it too when these things happen to my system. when i've reached the pinnacle of annoyance, and my face is kinda like :mad: :angry: :amazed: ....i just reinstall.

i use logon loader,..and i nevr had any prob with it:)

have you got sp1 installed, and is the modded boot logo compatible with it? i had the same problem because i used a boot logo incampatible with sp1, hadto reinstall xp :(
i'd recomend checking the site you got the logo from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom