shut down all windows shortcut

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
hey guys i was wondering if there is a shortcut that allows me to shut down every program i have running in my task bar i often get up from my computer and like to leave everything closed and its really annoying closeing firefox, aim, wmp, dreamweaver, phpedit, filezilla, ect.. that are opened one by one so i was looking for a faster way to close them all at once.

TIA

To speed up whatever I am doing in Windows (which is usually a couple things at a time, I like to use the keyboard. Once you get the hang of all the shortcuts with keys, you can maneuver around really quickly.

In your case, if you switch apps by using Alt-Tab, and then Alt-F4 on each app, you can get everything closed pretty quick.

Other than that, I don't know of any other way of closing everything at the same time:D

ok thanks. ill just see if i can find a DOS command or something and then create a batch files.

http://www.docsdownloads.com/enditall-1.htm

DESCRIPTION:
Install utilities usually tell you to shut down all other tasks while they're operating. Other programs demand so much of your system's computing power that any concurrently running tasks will impact their performance. On today's powerful systems, you easily can have a dozen or more programs loaded at any given time. Shutting them down manually is tedious and time-consuming.

EndItAll 2 lists all the programs running on your system, and lets you decide which ones to close down. The processes necessary for basic system operation are protected from termination. From the remaining processes, you can choose which to close, which to kill (close down forcibly), and which to protect. Once you know which files you want to shut down, you can configure EndItAll for automatic action via script or batch file. This is useful for backups and defrags during off-hours. Options let you block power management and the screen saver during operation. Version 2 is a major update to EndItAll, which was originally published on the PC Magazine Extra Web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom