shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

norco1

Baseband Member
i use my pc at 4 hr intervals. is it best to a) shutdown each time b) standby c) hibernate? please advise

its best to shut your pc down. its much safer that way, because you'll never know when the electric current in your place may fluctuate and this may damage your pc. (my opinion anyway).

that, and it will also ruin your hard drive if you don't shut it off when you are going to be away for a while.... know from experience... :(

further, when you go into hibernation, you use Mucho Grande resources!! Hibernation takes a "snapshot" of everything running and stores it on HDD,,

on resume you have the odd chance of the thing crashing if the hibernation files are toooooo large,,

I say SHuT 'Er Down!!!

cheers

yea, i hibernated and booted into linux and saw that the file (with nothing running) was ~240 Megs....sooooo if you don't want to clutter your hdd i'd say just shut it down....although i've had my computer on for 30 + days before with no problems.....linux rules ;)

Attachments

• better pic.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 20
it happened to me once. I ran my pc from hibernation....and it went all crazy...my hd developed bad sectors and stuff, luckily its warranty wasn't expired so i had it changed.

Same here. My PC never shuts down, only reboots when it starts runnin ragged.

thats what i do if i know i'll be away from the pc for a short while,....however,we're humans and we forget...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom