Show hidden and system files unchecks itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

genistas

Baseband Member
Hi,

I've got a Windows 2000 computer and I am logged in as the administrator. When I change the folder view settings to "show hidden files and folders" and click apply and close, it resets itself immediately, and will not show the hidden files. If I go back to the properties box, the box will have unchecked itself. This seems to be the case for ALL options in the VIEW tab of FOLDER OPTIONS.

By the way, this condition also exists in safe mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Dan

Is this on a network? Maybe you dont have permissions to do that and your local settings are getting overwritten by the group policy.

That may only apply if you run a domain (NT4.0 ->)
are you sure that your Group Policy doesn't "Delete Cached Copy's of Prolfiles"?

this computer is not on a network, and it had a recent clean install of windows. by default, the only user accont set up on the computer was the administator account. I did try to create another account but the problem still existed.

there have been some other issues though that seem to indicate a bad motherboard or bad memory. I'm going to play around with it, and I'll report back with my findings.

no luck

I gave up and reformatted. There is definitely something wrong with the motherboard. thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom