Show Desktop quick launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

eq1986

Solid State Member
Hello, my Show Desktop got deleted in my Quick Launch bar, anyone know where I can get it again?

Copied from The Screensavers Website

Sarah's Windows Tweak: Restore the Show Desktop Icon
written by Sarah Lane on Friday, October 17, 2003

Deleting the Show Desktop icon can cause headaches, but Sarah's got the remedy with this Windows Tweak.
Do you love the little icon in the Quick Launch area of your taskbar that minimizes all your open windows and takes you directly to your desktop? Me too. But I've found it a cumbersome process to restore this icon if you happen to delete it when rearranging your taskbar.

However, I've figured out a very simple procedure that'll give you back your Show Desktop icon. And even if you don't know what I'm talking about, I highly recommend you follow these steps to add the Show Desktop icon. It's a fabulous little tool. You'll thank me!

Get your tweak on

Open Notepad and enter the following text.

[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

Now save the new file as "Show Desktop.scf" (without quotes). I recommend you save it to your desktop, then drag-and-drop the icon to the Quick Launch bar or whatever location you want the shortcut to appear. If you're a big Start Menu fan, put it there!

Love,
Sarah
sarah@techtv.com

Or if you are lazy like me you could just go like this: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Show Desktop.scf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom