Should I be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humbucker

In Runtime
I've briefly read good and bad things about XP service Pack 2 but today my PC invited my to download and install it. I did and everything seems fine but is there anything I need to watch out for or should be worried about? Also how good is the XP firewall cos I've read somewhere it takes up quite a lot of memory. Upon installing SP2 a screen came up saying the XP firewall was on. Many thanks. :)

Should I be worried?
Yes, you should always be worried. The government is out to get you, and there are three Cuban banquettiers who want your organs.

:)

Read the other SP2 posts. Then read the Microsoft info about upgrading to SP2. Bite your nails. Then do a reality check and upgrade.

Humbucker,

As long as the installation is complete and your system is still stable , you got nothing to worry about. Some applications might not be compatible with sp2. Several users had compatibilty problems with their wireless devices after an sp2 update.So lookout for those stuff.

Yup, windows sp2 firewall is pretty good. But its better again not to trust MS products when it comes to security ;) . Zonealarm just does fine.

As 'shoobie' pointed out, just go into TF search and type 'sp2' , a 1000 + threads :p should display. You can read the pros and cons of sp2 from those threads.

Sign
Codes:)

As long as the installation is complete and your system is still stable , you got nothing to worry about. Some applications might not be compactible with sp2. Several users had compactibilty problems with their wireless devices after an sp2 update.So lookout for those stuff.
Really? Your software and hardware are "compactible"?

That's cool.

I guess.

I totally disabled windows firewall and that annoying security center thing. I use ZoneAlarm for my firewall. But that's just me, whatever works for you, I suppose.

ive had no problems with sp2. but when a mate installed it his computer would not get past the logon screen. .... some computers like it some dont. Just go for it :p

SP2 has a firewall setup just like ZoneAlarm, that bugs you each time it detects a new application trying to use a port (which it's supposed to do, btw). The security feature is the same way.

It's been noted a million times already, both here and on countless sites and forums, that all this stuff can be setup to be off, or to not bug you. And just like ZoneAlarm, the SP2 firewall has to be "taught" about what applications you want to have accessing the Net, and which you don't. There's nothing new about this functionality.

So anyone claiming they're getting annoyed by the SP2 firewall and security and think it's just "stupid Windows" and they have to turn it off to get it to stop annoying them...is a down-right idiot.

RTFM
RTFM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom