Should I upgrade to windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
I currently have Vista installed on my PC and I was wondering whether it was worth my while upgrading to Windows7? I have an Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 2.2Ghz with 2GB of RAM. Wouold my current CPU and RAM be able to cope with Windows 7 or would it cause my PC to graind to a halt and then force me into upgrading my CPU, and possibly my MOBO as I aint sure that my MOBO can take much more in the ways of CPU's. Am I missing out on much not having Vista, is it going to change my life to the point were I think that it was a bloody great thing that I done upgrading my CPU, or is it not really worth the expense?

Your valuable input will be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Win 7 Ultimate wouldn't have any other performance hit vs the other versions. Any version will run fine.

thanks, but back to my other point, is it worth the investment? and can you confirm whether it will consume more resources than Vista cause I have been lead to believe that Windows 7 uses less than Vista as it's just Vista thats been stream lined but better as well, is this true?

I liked Vista and never had any problems with it. But Windows 7 is an improvement overall. My system is fairly high-end so in terms of a performance improvement I would say it wasn't that large. But a slower system like yours will probably have a more noticeable improvement. I'll have to say go for it :D

You have me edged for CPU, but I have more RAM, so we balance out.

I moved from XP to Vista and noticed a small slowdown overall in my system. When I moved from Vista to Win7 I regained what I had lost. Overall, I like Win7 better than Vista. It feels peppier and seems to go easier on the resources.

You will like the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom