Should I turn off my PC daily? - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2003, 07:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Im a broadband connecter, WITHOUT firewall. My PC is been ON for more than half year, only reboot.... and Its PERFECT...

Old 12-16-2003, 08:48 PM   #32 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

are you using winXP, macintosh, linux or unix?? are you sure you don't have winXP firewall on? are you sure you don't have a router? because let me tell you, you are definately being protected in some way... you just are not aware of what is protecting you.

i mean really, do you beleive you have a magical windows computer that is immune to virus's with the exception of MAC, unix, and linux? if so would you like to sell me your machine?

Old 12-16-2003, 09:26 PM   #33 (permalink)
Newb Techie

A perfect PC i definitely want to buy that!!!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 09:32 AM   #34 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to Argilus

I do sometimes leave my computer running, due to the constant download of software, games, or videos. This is on my old comp though, since I'm still waiting for my hard drive in the mail. I probably don't want to leave my new comp on though, just afraid maybe hackers, or purhaps it getting to hot. I dunno, I just looked on my AIM and this one guy's had his comp on for I think it's 9 days.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:37 AM   #35 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I don't have a router..... Im using.n windows XP... and Im so sure that I don't have any kind of firewall installed..... I got a Kaspersky Anti-Virus..... thats all I have... And Im not joking.... Its really PERFECT....
Old 12-17-2003, 10:17 AM   #36 (permalink)
Newb Techie

But my Kaspersky Anti-Virus havn't find ONE SINGLE virus till now.

Closed Thread