Shortcuts Stop working

Status
Not open for further replies.

QBA

Baseband Member
I'm using Windows XP Pro and I open folders on my computer with shortcut like "Ctrl + Alt + "Letter key".

To get this to work I created hidden shortcuts on my Desktop and under: Properties/"Shortcut" tab/"Shortcut key" Field. I added a shortcut key, by then pressing this particular "shortcut key" the folder attach to the shortcut folder will open.

So far so good but once in a while out of the blue these shortcuts stop working all at once, restarting the computer ect doesn't fix the problem, the only way I found the shortcuts will start working again is by clearing the "shortcut key" field under Properties/"Shortcut" Tab then clicking ok, opening up properties again and adding once again the shortcut key on the "shortcut field"

Why Do I have to keep reentering the shortcut keys on the shortcut folders for this to work?

Any idea what can I do to prevent the shortcut command from stop working on the future?

Thanks

Alex

Sorry a little bit of update on my post, I think that I find out that once I restart my computer is when the shortcuts stop working :(

Any more ideas?

Thanks daappleby,

Do you mean to put the shortcut on the startup folder?

Guys nothing is working, everytime I restart my computer the shortcuts stop working all over again :(

Thanks guys

a Thrid party application did the trick "HotKeyControl", now all the shortcuts are working even if I restart the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom