shortcuts on desktop stop working, reboot comp, then they work, then stop... WTF??

Status
Not open for further replies.

camosilver311

In Runtime
first off, i'm running xp...

i have shortcuts on my desktop to folders that i use often. if i just boot up the comp, they work fine. after the comp has been on a while(i never shut it off, so after a day or two), the shortcuts stop working, but only shortcuts to a folder. shortcuts to a program work fine. i can still get to the folders by clicking on my computer, then going to the folder, but it's more aof a pain to do it this way.

if i reboot, they work fine again, for a while. then back to what i just explained.

WTF is going on???

there's nothing to cature in a screenshot, when i click on the shortcut it doesn't give me an error code or anything, it just doesnt open up.

the little hourglass appears next to the mouse pointer, but then goes away and doesnt open it up.

I had the same sort of problem, but I could open the folders/programs from the desktop, but when I went to an application like Word and tried to access the shortcut to a folder, it didnt work.

Spent about 1 hour with MS on the phone, they didnt know what to do. I had to reinstall the OS.

wow that sucks. there is absolutly NO WAY i would consider reinstalling xp, i have about 300GB on my hard drives that would have to reinstalled, would take forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom