shortcuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

orly

Beta member
i have a folder full of shortcuts to files. it's working well but when i'm attaching a file to an e-mail and i want to attach another one the box opens in the original directory (not the one with the sortcuts).
i want to find a way to defy that it will open in the sortcut folder.
thanx

not to be rude, but i think you may want to rephrase your question. Im not too sure what program you are referring to. Please be a little more specific :D

i have windows 2000 and i'm trying to built a "system" that manages products information files. this files should be accessed by 2 different kinds of users - this creates a conflict because one kind of users needs the files sorted and named in a certain way while the other kind want it sorted and named otherwise. the solution i thought about so far is to orgenize one folder, with the original files, in a certain way and to link it to a second one by a breifcase or shortcuts (the problem with the briefacse is that the files need to have similar names), i chose the sortcut way, and arranged a folder full of shortcuts to the original files.
the only problem is, that when i attach a file from the "shortcut folder", and want to attach another one, the default folder is the "original folder", (the "atach files box" opens in "original folder" and i have to go back to the "shortcut folder" to attach another file, and so on).
so, in short, i want to find a way to defy the "shortcut folder" as the default folder instead of the original one.

hope this is a good enough explenation..
thanx!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom