shockwave flash object

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I have a couple shockwave flash object/files. When I try to open them, I get WMP to open and it gives me an error.

untitled3un.png

your current security setting do not allow this action it says.

I would love to know what settings for what program I have to change to let me view these flash files/objects. I assume it's for SP2 for XP home, but I don't know what settings to look for.

I also think this is a repeat question by myself, but now I have a better explanation and a picture to show exactly what's happening.

Hmm, it's already unchecked, it did that when I disabled the whole thing. I went back and made sure that it was not checked just now, but I still can't view those files.

that wierd. I know if you exit out of spywareblaster it still shouldn't work(they do that on purpose to protect your computer), but disabling it should make it flash work.

have you tried flash in Firefox?

ohGrFreak said:
Internet flash works on both firefox and IE, downloaded shockwave/flash files will not.

oh ok. don't open them with WMP. open them with with either IE, FF, macromedia flash player and maybe quiktime

These are flash files that I saved off of the web

FlashFiles.jpg

Ah, wow, I didn't know you could open these files with IE or Firefox when they are on your harddrive, I thought you could only use streaming flash in browsers. I feel like an a** now, LOL. I'm sorry I couldn't have been more clear in the first place.

IE did try to block the file from playing, but it let me choose to open at my own risk.

Thank you!

ohGrFreak said:
Ah, wow, I didn't know you could open these files with IE or Firefox when they are on your harddrive, I thought you could only use streaming flash in browsers. I feel like an a** now, LOL. I'm sorry I couldn't have been more clear in the first place.

IE did try to block the file from playing, but it let me choose to open at my own risk.

Thank you!

no problem. that why I associate my .swf files with firefox. IE and Macromedia won't open some of them as they are supposely protected.

I assume that you know how to fontpage or firefox to save a flash file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom