Sharing Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

l)3mon

Solid State Member
I have a two computers, a laptop with Windows 7 and a desktop with Windows XP. On my desktop I have a bunch of movies stored on a drive and there are 3 sub-folders. When I try to take or watch the movies from the harddrive it says access is denied, but if I try to watch the movies that are in the sub-folders it works just fine. I have tried changing the security and permissions to the drive but it still doesn't work. Any reason why this is happening?

from what i understand about what you said, you are:

1) using 7 to access the files from xp host
2) files in the root folder is not accessible, whereas all files are accessible in the sub-folders?

eg:
\\192.168.0.2 'xp platf.'
|-1.avi (unable to be accessed)
|-2.avi (unable to be accessed)
|
L___sub1\-- 3.avi (accessible)
L___sub2\-- 4.avi (accessible)
L___sub3\-- 5.avi (accessible)

Yea, the files that are directly in H:\ are no accessible but files that are in say H:\Videos are.

i might suggest that you do a chkdsk scan on your drive. see if it might come up with anything on bad sectors and such. =]

sorry for the late reply.. been busy these 2 days.. ima get back to you soon on this tho.. just so you know i havent abandoned this topic yet =]

btw, might i trouble you to provide some shots of your the folder and sharing settings? =] (and the error message too pls.. sorry for the trouble)

Check your permission on the root of the drive.

On the properties for the drive, check the security tab and give full access to "everyone"

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 37
@l)3mon: did that help? its a little different in xp, but the contents should roughly be about the same =]

Sorry, my computer has been off for a while. I have my permissions set to full for everyone, here is an SS for Security and Permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom