Setting up active directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad8266

Baseband Member
I just rebuilt the server and I need help getting the workstations running on it. I added the users to active directory but i cant logon from the stations using those usernames. What am i missing here?

The server has one network connection to the LAN and thats all. The server IP is 192.168.0.200 mask 255.255.255.0

What else do I have to do? Do I have to mess with some DNS configurations on the server? The domain name is vosf.local

I am confused right now.

Hello,

Are you using Roaming Profiles or Local? Meaning are the profiles stored on the server or on the machine that each person uses? Can they connect to the domain?

Active Directory Step-by Step-Guides

That will prove to be useful to setup AD (Active Directory) correctly.

Cheers,
Mak

Im not sure 100% but I think they are roaming. The workstations wont connect to the domain. Im really lost right now. All I did so far was add users in the active directory users folder.

Hello,

If they are roaming profiles you might have to setup the Group Policy and all that again. Check that link. It is direct right at AD for server 2003.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

If they are roaming profiles you might have to setup the Group Policy and all that again. Check that link. It is direct right at AD for server 2003.

Cheers,
Mak

How exactly do i knwo if they are roaming?

Hello,

You would know if the User Profile information is stored on their PC. Before did a user have to connect to the network to login to their profile and start working? Or could they just boot the machine and login and start working?

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Yes that is a local profile then. The Server would have to be active for them to use Roaming profiles.

Cheers,
Mak

OK, so when i set the domain server up I gave it the name vosf.local. So when I go to a workstation I have to put vosf for the domain right?

I have no idea why the workstation wont log on to the domain when I added ther users already to the directory. Do I have to activate the client access licenses or something?

Hello,

Yes i believe that to be correct. I have nto worked with AD much so i cant be of much help on that.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom