Set as Backgroup Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

See Plus Plus

Baseband Member
Is there any way to deactivate the option to set a picture as a background for the desktop?

What I mean is, when you are on the internet and you right click on a picture, it gives you the option to set a picture as the background, is there anyway that I could somehow disable it?

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, there is no way to disable one selected menu option within the built-in options.

You can however, disable the whole context menu.

To do this, follow these simple instructions:

1. Open regedit or regedt32.
2. Browse to [HKEY_Current_User]\Software\Polices\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions

** If you do not have ..\Internet Explorer\Restrictions, right click on Microsoft, click "New > String", name it 'Internet Explorer', right click 'Internet Explorer' and click "New > String", name it 'Restrictions'.

3. Check the bottom of you registry window to make sure that the path matches the path above.
4. Right click in the white space on the right side of the screen.
5. Choose "New > DWORD Value". Rename the DWORD Value to "NoBrowserContextMenu".
6. Double click the new DWORD Value and change the value to "1".
7. Close regedit or regedt32.
8. Restart IE and your right click should now be disabled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Tech-Forums takes no responsibility for anything anywhere... ever. Changing your registry can be dangerous and should only be done with the most critical care.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the reply. Is there any way to disable something in the display section? Can you go into Display or Background on the computer and disable the Internet Explorer Wallpaper from your selection so that even if you do set a picture as a background, it will not change the current desktop background?

Thanks

Living in a house full of crazy people, some of the members think it's funny to change my background to some pretty crazy, nasty, and/or inappropriate pictures - so I was wondering if there was a way to disable it to prevent future humiliation from people who sometimes come by (yes, it has happened and there are some who now think I am a freak for this).

you can enable multipe users to log onto the machine and then lock out your account when you are not there. it's an option, but can be annoying for you. just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom