services help

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeeyyboyy

Solid State Member
Well, i have 2 users, one for surfing the internet and the other for games and i was wondering if it is possibloe to disable services in only one user say i want services a,b,c and d to run in main user while only a runs in the second user. is this possible?

In each account go Start>Run>Msconfig and enable or disable whatever service you want.

You do realize that if you get a virus it will affect both user accounts right?

yes i do relize that, i still have avast anti virus running which does the trick every time for me. Need it for p2p sheild cuse most of my games use that

So why not just use 1 account and turn on the shield when you game and turn it off when you are done?

With my above statement you should be able to do what you want. Not gonna guarantee that it will work. But it should.

well couse one has other programs running as the other has them not running and othe hings done to it. also, when i used msconfig it turned the services off for both users... how do i fix this?

Guess i was wrong. Guess it doesnt work to shut down services per account. Looks like if you shut down the service you shut it down for all users. I have nto found a way around this.

Maybe a GPO edit if you are using XP Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom