Services.exe crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
OK, so this is a friends PC. Its a dell from like 2008. It has a athalon x2 4xxx CPU, 2GB of ram, and a ATI 4670. And vista on it.

The problem started a few days ago. Basically as soon as the PC is connected to the internet a error appears saying something along the lines of "services.exe and controller app have stopped working and need to close" Then the PC forcibly restarts it's self with in one min of this happening. It happens even in safe mode. I didnt have alot of time with the PC to do alot of in depth troubleshooting, but I did find that there were a few blue screens that also happened. Im thinking right now this is somekind of weird virus, but why would a virus not allow the PC to connect to the internet??? I dont know.

But im going to take a better look at it tomorrow afternoon. I'll run Hijack this and post up the log here for someone to look at. Anything else I should look for/do?

Sorry for the sketchy details, lol. It's kinda late, just got off work, minds not fully functioning. I'll get a better look tomorrow.

I would run cdhdsk /r /f and sfc /scannow on the drive. Could be something got corrupted, could be a file needs to be repaired or it could just be Vista.

^ Hmm, good idea! I'll do that tomorrow. I did run Vista's "recovery mode" thing (or whatever it's called) and it said it didnt detect any problems, but I dont know how through that is. This PC is encased pretty much in a air tight cabinet too, so the HDD could be on it's way out. I tried to warn em. lol

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom