Service Pack 2 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petar000

Baseband Member
Ok i have a gateway comp 2.60ghz and 120gb hard drive 496 mb of ram and i want to update to sp2 and i go onto the microsoft website and begin the update and then as soon as it prepares the download it skips the installation menu and goes directly to the finish menu and says the following updates could'nt be installed and it says service pack 2 and sometimes when i reistall windows and i get the update icon in the tray in the bottom right hand corner and i double click on it and it disaperas and it dosent open i really need to install sp2 so could any help please??

When the manual installation finishes downloading is there anything special i gotta do to install it or is it just like everything else open it and install??

Thx brady ill see if it installs thx if it dosent ill post the problem but i think its gonna work perfect thx man

It finished the downloading the manual installation Of Sp2 it Finished opened the file and it extracted perfectly and then after when it finishes i get this message

-----------------------------------------------
The Core System File (Kernel) Used To Start This Computer Is Not A Microsoft Windows File. The Service Pack Will Not Be Installed. For More Information See Knowledge Base Article Q327101 At HTTP://Support.Microsoft.Com

Does anyone know how to fix This??

This behavior may occur if your computer has a modified version of the Ntoskrnl.exe file that uses the /KERNEL switch in the Boot.ini file. This condition may exist because your computer has a third-party program installed that customizes the graphics that are displayed when your computer starts up. Third-party programs that can cause this condition include the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327101/en-us

Have you read this?

If you havn't installed on of those programs then I would say back up your data and format and reinstall windows then do your update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom