Service Pack 2 with Ares

Status
Not open for further replies.

atd332

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I have a new computer, and it has service pack 2 on it and My P2P ares program wont work. Hmm... Well my older computer worked fine with ares, then i updated to Service pack 2, and now Ares doesnt work on there either. And everytime i check Ares's connection it says test failed. I dont know, did microsoft do something to block p2p with the SP2. Because i also downloaded Bearshare, another P2P program and it works fine, But i dont like Bearshare, i want Ares back!! I dont know, is there a way around this, and im likwe 99% sure its sp2 thats making it do this bc it worked fine on my other computer until i updated it. So... any ideas? Thanks.

Is there a way to uninstall on my 2 computers, the one that upgarded, and the one that came with it already on here? Thanks

atd332 said:
Is there a way to uninstall on my 2 computers, the one that upgarded, and the one that came with it already on here? Thanks

You can uninstall the upgraded one in add/remove programs

atd332, can you tell me more abou this ares client you have? bearshare is one of my favorite P2P programs and i have never even heard of ares before, could you give me a link?

now, when i had sp2 on my machine, i just simply uninstalled it, that was on my P4 machine. on my AMD machine, i had to wipe out the harddrive and reinsall windows to get the thing to work right again.

Ares is similar to something called Warez. They are both the same, the speeds on Ares are very high, however the number of files isn't that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom