Server Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjdefrehn

Beta member
Hello all! Very nice site you have here. I have a Terminal Server question. I am trying to install some software on our TS. Now mind you, I did not set this server up. I am coming in to administrate after the fact. I am having problems installing said software. I believe that it is a GP issue - No software installation allowed. I am logged in as admin. It is perplexing to say the least. Any ideas on how to change this policy? I have looked at the GPO edit and tried to find a policy on the local machine for software installation, but no luck. ASny help would be greatly appreciated.

-J

Are you a domain administrator ? Full administrators can control those changes, but if you are a domain admin then unless you are granted that permission, you wouldn't be able to that I don't think. I can look through my books and see if I can find some details for you. :)

WIndows Server 2003 ? 2008 ?

I'm an everything. :) I'm starting to think that it is because there are remote users logged on to the system. Would they all need to be logged off for this install to occur?

I am not 100% sure but I would venture to say yes. I have had classes on Windows Server 2003 and have read up on WIndows Server 2008 and so I am not experienced other than in class on lab machines and virtual servers on those machines, fyi. But I wouldn't try to lead you astray from fact.

I didn't read through this, but if you are using Windows Server 2008, here is a link I found.

http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Configuring-Windows-Server-2008-Terminal-Services-Gateway-Part1.html

And if you are using 2003, I have the books about 3 feet to my left so when I get a chance I will look it up and post back if you don't get your resolute answer in the mean time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom