Server 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Viksta

Ninja Stargate Addict
Hey Guys

im elibgible for the microsoft dreamspark programme so i downloaded a copy of server 2008 from microsoft with a valid key but it was only a 32 bit copy...i just upgraded to 6Gb of ram (pls disregard my sig atm) so would i be able to download server 2008 x64 trial from microsoft and activate it with my 32-bit key? I heard of people being able to do that with vista, and my internet is fairly slow, so i dont want to download 2.5GB of files only to find i cant use it for long...

Thanks

Yes. The serials for Vista are just that. They work on the x86 or the x64 version of Vista as long as you get the same version.

Thanks Mak

Anyone know how good server 08 is for gaming? i heard of people converting it into a super workstation which runs games better than XP...

Ya its pretty good, on Vista I noticed a slight FPS (like 3 or 4 FPS lost coming from XP to Vista) Server 08 lost me none...

(its not really significant for you since you have 8800gts 320mb SLI (about 8800Ultra) but for an HD 3200 user like myself every FPS matters

Thanks guys! im dowloading server 08 standard x64 now, plan to use it instead of xp 64 and use the sapre copy of XP on another pc which doesnt have an OS atm (i made that pc using spare parts and a toaster. literally...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom