Server 2003 Pop Mail probs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan

Daemon Poster
yo y'all....i'm having some problems with setting up pop mail on my server 2k3 box. everything as of right now, on the server (appears) good. the mailboxes are set up and when you send mail to one of those boxes it shows in the pop3 mgmt console. but, I can not connect any clients to download email....it just keeps asking for password like an incorrect pw was entered. i know this isn't correct, becuase i tested an account with username of a and pw of a, i know i couldn't make that mistake...anyone had this problem or ideas??

btw, it's not setup as a dc..and i'm using just an encrypted file for pw's...not ad. (should i set up like that?)

thanks,
shan

gets sending of password did not succeed. Mail server SERVER responded: Login Failure

Are you testing this pop setup internally on the LAN or externally outside of the LAN? Seems like it is unable to authenticate for some reason.

yea, that's the odd thing. i have a dsl connection & cable modem. (dsl is direct connection to our network at work) i tested on that and on my local network, (cable modem) and router, and same results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom