Server 2003 configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrena

Baseband Member
I just installed Server 2003, not connected to a network right now, gave a static IP (192.168.10.10), installed simple TCP/IP services, now I'm trying to install the Domain (Active Directory). I start the wizard and then I am stopped with this message:

"Configure TCP/IP. The wizard has detected that there are no valid IP addresses assigned to any of the network adapters for this computer.
Please verifiy that the networks cable is connected, and that a DHCP server is available or the computer is configured to use a static IP address then click Next."

I can't get past this to set up the domain. What am I missing here, this is going to be the only server on the network and I want to set it up as the first forest DC.

As the message says, you need to configure DHCP and DNS for the domain. Do you have this? if not, install the componenets on the server and use it as the DHCP/DNS server.

on another note... Billings... I grew up in Missoula... Nice to see another Montanian... :) Well, I do Live in AK now... oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom