Server 2000 not shutting down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrymnvette

In Runtime
I have to hold down the power button before my server will hust down. How can I figure out what is causing this? I looked in event viewer but didn't really see anything that would jump out at me. All of the BIOS and such are all current. It's a Dell Poweredge 2800 and I've used Open Manages to check all that stuff to make double sure I'm current. I haven't made any changes to the system at all. This just started happening like a month ago. I thought it was a fluke until I just had to do it again. The last time I clicked restart on my way out the door Friday and when I came in on Monday it was still at the "Windows is shutting down" screen. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Andy

Will this affect the daily activity of a program on this server? Will it bog down the app that is running and accessed by 60 machines right now?

Thanks,
Andy

if there is a file missing it will ask you for the cd so it can install it and it usually goes fast

Server 2000 Doesn't allow the computer to shut down using the power buttong because it is a "Server" :D (I don't think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom