Server 03 - Outlook 07 Shared Calendar - Outlook 2003 Clients - Readable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
We're running Server 03 w/ Exchange here at work and 99% of the clients are using Outlook 2007. There is a shared calendar in the mix, also on Outlook 2007. Is there a way to get Outlook 2003 fired up with being able to have read permission to that shared calendar, or do I have to upgrade the 2003 client in question to 2007?

You should just have to get the compatibility Pack for the Office 2003 users.

Yeah that should work for the calendar as well. At least AFAIK it does.

No dice on the converter. :( I need a quick fix so since I have my 07 CD with me today I'll just install that.

EDIT - Well, this is a little confusing. I installed 07 and tried to connect to calendar and it said I did not have permissions. Um. Yes. Yes I do, actually. I went to the user's computer who was sharing the calendar. Guess what? The user had permissions! The domain account. The single account to the user who wanted to view the calendar HAD PERMISSIONS.

I go back to the system, no permissions. Okay. I know computers supposedly are impossible to lie to people, but when you grant access to somebody who's clearly denied access, it's very mind boggling. So I checked the neat little feature "ask permission from user to access calendar." The user sharing the calendar, I got an email, I accepted it and - GUESS WHAT. A second entry for the SAME user! I checked settings between the two accounts - hmm... everything seemed to match. But hey, he's able to view the calendar now. It's just total WTF-able that despite me appearing to set it up correctly, it still didn't fly until I used the request permission option.

Anyway, it's done and working. But man... that was kind of weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom