serious computer help

Status
Not open for further replies.

takedown792

Beta member
Well i have had the same problem for over a 1 year now and i could never fix it. all i remember is that i had to re install windows on my computer. i think its when i got to the part where u had to restart your computer to complete the installation is when it happend.i restarted my computer. it loaded got to the loading screen. then a blue screen saying beginning setup came up. the it gave me an error in a box that went away to fast to read. then it restarts and does the same process over and over again. ive tried goin into safe mode. nothing happens. ive tried boot logging and vga mode still nothing happens. ive tried putting in the system recovery disk but it wont load up on the startup. nothing is seeming to work. my computer just turns on, loads, gets to a setup screen then restarts. im completely stuck.

as for info this is all i know. its a dell computer obviously. running windows xp home edition.

please help ive been looking for an answer but theres nothing around.

Have you tried reinstalling? You've tried working with the current installation (safemode, etc) but have you tried reinstalling?

i cant do much of anything. it wont go to the desktop and idk how to get any re-installation disks to start up if i can go to the desktop.

When you install an OS you don't need any access to a previous installation, just put the CD in the drive and reboot the PC. When prompted, hit the key to go into BIOS, make sure the CD is the first boot device then save an quit out the BIOS. On the next boot it will say "Hit any key to boot from CD" or something along those lines.

ok i will try doing that. im pretty sure that i use the windows re-install cd? its the red one. ?

If you have a dell like you said, they should have given you a dark red burgandy cd.
It will say system restore for XP home and system utilitys.
It's pretty much automatic installation since it has your product key embedded in the cd when dell ship your computer to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom