Send data through parallel port

Status
Not open for further replies.

real_in

In Runtime
hi guys,

i have made a simple circuit to switch on/off devices using relay, but I am unable to send a signal from computer to the device.

As i am on WIndows XP, i cannot use a simple function of C outportb(), they winXP wont allow, and certainly it does not

well then i tried connection USB wire to the circuit and it works the same as parallel port, i mean it also gives +5v. I just want a simple program which can send +5v and 0 to the USB or parallel port, but with XP i am unable to do that

Is there a way out ? i mean with C# or C++, while i was googling i found a DLL "inpout32.dll" and a sample code, but it doesnt seem to be working.

just give me advice, no matter whatever language it is, may be its java,python,perl.. but do it..thanks ;)

Please help me.. thanks a lot
thanks for ur time

This is a very interesting post and I am positive you can do this in C++ but I am not so sure about how you would do it. The best advice I can give you is to visit the CodeGuru forums, as it is a huge database for any sort of programming and I can guarantee you will find help there.

::-Chase-::

hi,

thanks for yuour concern and time..

I am able to do it through parallel port, but now i am starving to do it thru USB..cause most of the these days, parallel port is kinda outdated, no laptop got 'em.

Its just that i want to stop the +5v from the USB and start when i click into program.. this has been done in parallel though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom