Self Destructing PDFs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafe

Contributor
I am just curious to know if there is a way to have a “Self Destruct”?

I have PDF's on a website that people download, fill out, then print. What I would like, is to have a way to either control the number of times that PDF can be printed.... or even opened.

Does anyone know of any way I can accomplish something like this?

This should probably be in the programming section. Before we can tell you anything what language are you using? VB, C#, Perl? etc

You can run a counter until you want the file removed.

I wasn't meaning any programming. I was just wondering if Adobe or some kind of 3rd party company offered any way to limit the number of times a PDF file can either be printed or opened.

I know there is a way to do this with a product called Sealed Media. However it is not cheap.

As well, you can do this with MS documents via the Windows Rights Management Server. Once again, not free (have to have a Server 2003 license).

I wasn't meaning any programming. I was just wondering if Adobe or some kind of 3rd party company offered any way to limit the number of times a PDF file can either be printed or opened.

Ah I see sorry yes Adobe offers the service themselves so you can just contact them to see how it works. I thought you wanted to know how to do it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom