Seems i have a virus-SpoolSVC.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT2DFW

Solid State Member
I apologize if i placed this topic in the wrong place. I am new here so Im not sure what category this would fit under. Anyways, here is my problem. Everytime i reboot windows XP on my computer, it hangs on the welcome screen and then i get the error message popup saying that Windows Search cannot find "spoolsvc.exe". I click ok and then everything goes on normally. However, this happens every single time i reboot which drastically slows down the time it takes to load my comp up. ANy help.
When i try to go to the Symantec or Norton Site, I just get redirected to a perfectnav.com
Something is fishy,
i tried to find this exe file in the registry and under services.msc.

I cannot find the file under services.msc at all.

Then i go to the registry HKey Local Machine/then the registry just disappears. Something is up with my system. Any one else have this prob or a solution?

thanks

Try to go under Start > Run > Msconfig > Startup tab and uncheck any suspicious applications that you know you don't need.

Also, try getting into the registry in save mode. I've seen this before and, I personally wasn't able to get into the registry in Safe Mode either but it's worth a try as it could be something totally different.

-Mike

ok, i jsut tried that
when i try to get to the start up tab, it just disappears in thin air. Let me try it again.............
Same thing, it just disappears?
Something isnt rite with my system.

Heres a lot of info about this virus of yours: http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojsxtba.html

To get rid of it, you will need to delet and edit registry keys but since you can't seem to be able to access your registry that could be a problem. Are you able to get into the registry in safe mode? If not I suppose you could see if you can get into the regisrty using a commercial registry editor.

OK, I will try those removal directions when i get home. But, everytime i try to work in my registry, the registry just disappears in thin air. Does any know of any legit commercial registry editor that I can use.
I need to get this thing off my system
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom