Seeminly Unsolveable Problem! Reply ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshi1476

Baseband Member
HI,

My problem started about a month ago the problem was the curruption of a config file due to turning off my computer by the button (the computer was dead frozen) I was able to repair that by using the windows xp disk but since then my computer has been running much slower. I have tried everything i can find i have defragged 3-4 times run various registry fixers, updated system drives (graphics, processor and everyhting else), used disk cleanup 10 or so times. Disabled various proccesses and services, run anti virus and spyware scans and ran zone alarm scans and I have also used system mechanic.

My specs are these:

HP dx5150 MT
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+
1.79 GHz, 1.00 GB RAM
256 MB Nvidia GT 7600 GS

Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Phoenix AwardBIOSv 6.00PG

Please help me. My computer used to run 2-3 times faster and booting and logging was 5 minutes shorter. Thanks In Advance!

Thanks I have finally finished using all the programs after a whole day of waiting for scans to complete. I am about to post the HijackThis log.

Seeminly Unsolveable Problem! Part 2!

OK. So I have now run the Osiris Spyware Removal guide but it didn't help that much and only found a false trojan! I then posted my HJT log and it came up clean! Here is what it said in my first topic with new information.

"My problem started about a month ago the problem was the curruption of a config file due to turning off my computer by the button (the computer was dead frozen) I was able to repair that by using the windows xp disk but since then my computer has been running much slower. I have tried everything i can find i have defragged 3-4 times run various registry fixers, updated system drives (graphics, processor and everyhting else), used disk cleanup 10 or so times. Disabled various proccesses and services, run anti virus and spyware scans and ran zone alarm scans and I have also used system mechanic. I have also noticed Internet Explorer has slowed down considerably.

My specs are these:

HP dx5150 MT
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+
1.79 GHz, 1.00 GB RAM
256 MB Nvidia GT 7600 GS

Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Phoenix AwardBIOSv 6.00PG

Please help me. My computer used to run 2-3 times faster and booting and logging was 5 minutes shorter. Thanks In Advance!"

Thank You for all the help i have already received!

Combined the threads. No need to have 2 open threads for same issue. ;)

Open My computer and right click on the C: Drive. There go under tools and use the error checking process. It will say that it has to reboot to finish.

That is the first step. After that get something like HD Analyzer and check the status of the drive.

After that i will have to think of some things.

Ok! Sorry for the double threads! Disk Checker will take about 3 hours to complete. Oh and I have just read through a guide about speeding up pcs from a sticky in this forum and have moved my page file to my second drive.

Edit: Is Seagate tools a good hard drive analyser as I already have that. I will put on the disk checker now. I will reply as soon as it is done.

When you say you did a repair, did you use the recovery console or a complete repair install?

pokernod-55249.gif

Osiris guide check
Disk check check

Try CCleaner. Run that real quick. See how much it can clean and tell me how many Registry errors it found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom